Frisian Flag 2022
Frisian Flag 2022
Me, writing a post was quite some time ago. It’s time again!
Especially now that COVID-19 and its restrictions are gone and we’re able to visit again, everything we like. It seems we’re back to normal again, which wasn’t possible for quite some time!!
And for me, that was the 30th of March when I was able to visit a Frisian Flag 2022 exercise. What a relief! Finally back as we’re used to
Unfortunately, the last Frisian Flag exercise was in 2019 wherefore I’d write a post in March 2019.
Participants Frisian Flag 2022
During this Frisian Flag 2022 exercise the following countries are participating:
- The Canadian Air Force participates with six CF-18 Hornets.
- The Italian with Tornadoes and Typhoons.
- France has sent some Rafales from the Navy and Mirage 2000Ds from the Air Force.
- The US Air Force is sending a number of F-16s from Aviano Air Base in Italy.
- The Royal Netherlands Air Force itself participates with F-16s, F-35s, AH-64 Apache attack helicopters and a C-130 Hercules.
- Poland and Germany have cancelled their participation due to the Ukrainian crisis.
As I explained in previous posts, there have been some other changes as well with regard to my social-media accounts etc.
In fact, For some of them, I cancelled their subscription. So I need (still) to update some links here and there in several posts.
Due to family circumstances, I need to spend some time with, especially my brother, with them. Therefore, I’ll slow down a bit on the activities for the website, I think.
Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with cancer, more than a year ago. We’re blessed he’s still with us but time is running out. Sad, but that is how it is.
This whole situation made me visit my old friend again, together with Sylvia and my son Edze. Don’t know why. I just had to.
I don’t think I’ll post a whole month with aviation photos as I did last year, though.
Just keep an eye out for changes. When there is one I’ll send out a post!
A quick note added. With Formula 1 in the Netherlands, I think it might be time to head back to Zandvoort.